Sunday 5 February 2012

15 months old




We enjoyed the insanely warm weather and headed into town to have an ice-cream at MacKays. After waiting for 30 minutes in the line I decided that I actually wanted to have pie so got Rich an ice-cream and then headed back to the pie shop to pick up the slice I had spotted earlier (flapper pie – pretty much the only pie I get excited about!). It sold out. I nearly cried. I should mention that things didn’t go well for me the day before, I managed to back out of our driveway and hit Rich’s car. Later in the evening I backed out again and heard a scraping noise, thought to myself “Seriously?! What now??” and looked in my wing mirror to see my pushchair rolling down the driveway. I spent our walk obsessing about the now bent front wheel of our $600 dollar stroller. Rich’s support was minimal, a sarcastic “It only has to get through two more kids” was all I got!
Flora practically nursed the ice-cream and cried when it was all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment