Thursday 15 December 2011

bright lights


Flora and I hit the shops this afternoon and then met Rich for supper at a family restaurant.  We were talking about it and realized it is probably the first time that Flora has been at a restaurant and has actually eaten. Clearly we don’t eat out a lot. She had pasta with tomato sauce, garlic bread (gobbled all of that up!) and a little tiny ice-cream cone (see video).
She also had a little taste of what the city world can be like. All through the shop she greeted other customers with a cheery “hi” and I was amazed at how few people responded to her. She was not discouraged and carried on honing her skills for a promising career as a Wal-Mart greeter.

Flora has decided she no longer needs a nap in the morning. I don’t agree but that doesn’t seem to matter. She now has a bit of a mental breakdown around 10 and the only way I can get anything done is to put her in front of the tv and she actually watches! For 15 minutes! She has never been interested in tv  although I never have it on during the day so that could be why. Anyways, these 15 minutes are a life saver for me so I will put the mother guilt aside... Picture of her in her princess chair, obviously still not sure how to sit in it, watching a bit of CBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment