Tuesday 21 October 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

What the heck are these birds? Flocks of them on the hill and I feel like I should be out there hunting them!

Another beautiful fall day, perfect for our family to get out and celebrate Thanksgiving. It is my favourite family get together. I love the food, the simplicity of our turkey picnic. There are always a million delicious sweets to eat and loads of mash potato, turkey, stuffing, veg and gravy to fill up with. I love that the kids just run wild around the west pasture, that we can all just sit around and drink coffee and visit. I love the setting, it is a quiet and beautiful place. All of it. It is just the sort of thing that makes you THANKFUL! How apt!











I think I know where Iris gets her naughty side from...look at that face! 


Still the best of friends.
Iris got a train set from Tara, she carries around the animal heads on her finger.








This group, amazingly, is smaller than our usual by a fair bit! Last year there were about a dozen more adults, and almost a dozen more kids!



































No comments:

Post a Comment