Tuesday 1 November 2011

Halloween guilt

Last night was Halloween and we took Flora out to the farm so we could spend some time with Mom and Ron. I had decided not to dress Flora up because we had originally planned on being at home and I figured it was pointless to dress her up simply to take a photo to mark the occasion. I regretted this yesterday and started feeling like a hopeless mother so called Rich to ask him to pop into town on his way to the farm to pick up a costume. As it turned out he wasn’t able to and when Ben and Holly brought Gunner round looking like an adorable little garden gnome my guilt increased significantly. I have no photos of the afternoon yesterday, nothing to mark Flora’s first Halloween. Feeling a lot of mother guilt, like somehow I have deprived her of a significant moment. Ridiculous? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment